Throughout the years we have been in business, there have been several highlights that we wanted to share with you. Take a look at the timeline below to see how our company started and evolved into what it is today.
1878 - Frank Kenning runs hardware store
1926 - First Dealership under George (Son of Frank) Later Sir George
1944 - Kenning's in the War Years
1950 - George Kenning (Son) becomes MD, develops The Kenning Motor Group
1978 - Kennings 100 Aniversary
1986/7 - Kennings is taken over and GK Group born
1986/7 - GK Group moves South to Chesham
1987 - Leasing and rental commenced within GK Group
1994 - GK Group builds High Wycombe dealership
1995 - GKL Leasing moved into the Chapel building in Chesterfield
1997 - GKL Leasing demerged from GK Group
2000 - Car Net of Beaconsfield
2000 - GKL moves into the Tyre remould factory
2002 - Forge Garage purchased and GKL Direct born
2005 -Bryan Brothers and Westward Leasing Ltd
2007 - GKL Expansion to Luton Branch
2008 - GKL Moves to Custom Built premises in Chesterfield
2016 - New Premises South!
2017 - GKL Develops and Builds Own Customer Fleet Management Portal
2018 - GKL Moving to Princes Risborough
It is widely acclaimed Sir George Kenning, the Managing Director’s grandfather, was the originator of contract hire a century ago. Sir George used to lease bicycles for Shell Oil’s commercial needs and horses to BP, to pull tank wagons.
GKL fully understand the leasing industry, offering unrivalled expertise in this area with a long history of dedicated, loyal and enthusiastic staff, synonymous with the Kenning Motor Group’s past.